It's T-Ball Registration Time!!!
Legacy Park Youth Activities offers a recreational T-Ball league for Legacy Park children, ages 3 to 5.
WHAT IS T-BALL
The game is the entry sport to baseball and softball for young players, generally four to six years old. Members of two teams take turns hitting a ball off a batting tee set on home plate. Batters try to get on base and advance to home; fielders try to prevent that from happening. The elimination of pitching allows children to learn proper mechanics and participate without the fear of being hit by a pitched ball. Tee ball develops the primary baseball skills of hitting, running, fielding and throwing. The players gain an understanding of the fundamental rules, which allows minimally competitive league play at all age levels.
RULES OF PLAY
- 50 feet between the bases.
- Every player bats and plays in the field.
- The ball is hit off a batting tee; there is no pitching.
- There are no walks or strikeouts.
- The ball must travel 10 feet or it is a foul.
- No stealing. Player stays on the base until the ball is hit.
- An inning is over when all the players have batted once or three outs are recorded.
- Standard game is four innings or one hour, whichever occurs first.
- Score is not kept. Emphasis is on skill-building, learning experience, where the score is not the focus of the game.
- Safety helmets must be worn.
Legacy Park needs you to help out as a TBall/Coach Pitch Director or as a Parent Coach! Please contact the Legacy Park Sports Coordinator at email@example.com if interested.
Games are played right here at Legacy Park on Sunday afternoons at 2:00 pm. Practices will be set up by coaches - once or twice weekly in the evening based on preferences and availability of the teams. The season concludes with a party and trophy ceremony. T-ball games cancelled due to weather will not be rescheduled by the league. Coaches may reschedule their games at their own discretion.
Registration: January 28th - March 14th
Late Registration: March 15th - March 15th
Registration is now closed.
Season starts: April 15th
Last Game: May 30th
Registration fees pay for jersey, hats, trophies and party. Legacy Park will supply balls, bats, back up helmets, hats and shirts. Parents will be responsible for helmets, pants, gloves and cleats. Legacy Park does have a few helmets but strongly suggest providing your own to ensure proper fit and where not shared.
Registration Fee Schedule
- Legacy Park Resident: $35
- Legacy Park Resident + late fee (on or after March 15th): $45
- Non-Legacy Park Resident: $50
- Non-Legacy Park Resident+ late fee (on or after March 15th): $60
NOTE: REGISTRATION IS FREE. Initial fee is zero until guaranteed a leagues are a go. Once set, resident fee is $35, Non-resident fee is $50.
Need parent volunteers to direct or coach the League! Please contact Sara Jane Gallo at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested! Fees will be waived if can coach.
Contact Sports Coordinator at email@example.com with any questions.