Legacy Park Parents’ Code of Ethics
Adopted June 18, 2009
I, as a parent in a Legacy Park sport program, agree to the following:
- I will remember that I am a parent and that the game is for children and not adults.
- I understand that the coach, other parents, and the children are making a commitment of their time and energy and I need to do the same.
- I will make every reasonable effort to have my child at all practices and games, on time, and if I cannot, I will notify the coach to let them know that my child will be late or will miss a game or practice.
- I understand my child may not participate fully in games if they have missed practices or games.
- I understand I have the right to voice support for my child and her/his team but I cannot direct disparaging remarks toward other players, coaches, umpires, or spectators.
- I will help my child learn good sportsmanship and respect for the game, and will model this behavior while attending games and practices.
- I understand no one is paid to clean up after me or my child. I will help pick up anything I, or my child, brings to practices or games.
- I will do everything I can to provide a safe play situation for the children participating in the program including working with the coach(es) to ensure proper hydration for the players.
- I will treat children of all races, religions, and culture with respect and consideration.
- I will support a drug-free and profanity-free environment for Legacy Park participants by refraining from their use at all Legacy Park youth sporting events.
- I understand Legacy Park does not provide medical insurance, and I am responsible for any medical costs associated with my child’s participation in any Legacy Park sports program.
- I understand that any and all of my actions are subject to review by the Legacy Park Home Owner’s Association Board of Directors.
I have read the above Code of Ethics and fully agree to abide by and support it as a parent in a Legacy Park sports program. I understand and agree that the Board of Directors of Legacy Park may ask me not to participate in the Legacy Park sports program if my behavior is not in the best interest of Legacy Park and its members and players.